Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed heated grips on their Bonneville? Is this strictly an aftermarket parts thing or can any of the factory Triumph accessory grip sets be made to work on the Bonneville?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not on my Bonneville, but I do have these mounted on a couple of my other bikes:

http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycle/heated_grips/16025.html

They are simple, have 2 settings, high and low (and off) and make a big difference in the coldest weather I ride in here in Southern California, high 30's low 40's.

Although I think they are designed for 7/8" bars, I don't think the 1" Bonny bar would present a problem.

If you install any heated grip be sure to hook them up to a switched hot wire so that you can't inadvertently leave them on with the ignition off.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Got Oxford heated grips on my Scrambler - easy to fit and do the job. Would assume that you could fit the Triumph ones, but I'll bet they're spendy.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Nowhere to mount the switch for the std Triumph heated grips on a Bonneville but the new heated grips for the 800/800XC might fit if they are available in 1" size.
Easiest way to go as Bobbo has said is to use the Oxford heated grips. Very good, easily the best I have tried and available in 7/8" and 1" with a choice of control switches.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the Dual Star setup on my bike. Contrary to what the manual says about the two settings, (low and high). They should say Hot and Way Too Hot.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts