Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone know where I might purchase a set of heat sheilds for a bonneville? I lost out to one of the members here on a nice, used set on EBay. I am prepared to pay a reasonable price and not haggle.

I know lots of people think the blue header pipes are a mark of a vintage Triumph, and they may be, but I really prefer the all-chrome look for my T-100.

If anyone has a set they want to get rid of, please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did not know that the ceramic coating came with a chrome-type finish. I have seen the coating in the flat-black finish and thought that was all that was available. I wil check it out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hello, does anyone know where I might purchase a set of heat sheilds for a bonneville? I lost out to one of the members here on a nice, used set on EBay. I am prepared to pay a reasonable price and not haggle.

I know lots of people think the blue header pipes are a mark of a vintage Triumph, and they may be, but I really prefer the all-chrome look for my T-100.

If anyone has a set they want to get rid of, please advise. Thanks
Why dont you try this stuff,alot cheaper and works.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150311737897&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=150309967879&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4

Attachments

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Have you used that stuff, NetVampire? I was always under the impression that all the "blue away" stuff worked marginally at best.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Cheaper still...Limeaway Toilet Bowl cleaner. :D

Do a search on this board for 'Limeaway' or 'polish stainless' and you'll pull up pictures and references. Supposedly works great - I'm going to try this winter before I yank the pipes of my Thruxton and repolish them. BE CAREFUL not to get this crap on your hands or painted surfaces, though. I think username DEcosse (something like that) had some good tips on the Speed Triple forum.

I've definitely considered PerformanceKote and/or Jet-Hot - the finish will be close, but not exactly like chrome. You'll probably also experience some dulling at the first bend of the header pipe as it takes the full shot of heat from the engine. That said, this is a permanent, low-maintenance solution that will still look great.

Good luck...

Jason

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you used that stuff, NetVampire? I was always under the impression that all the "blue away" stuff worked marginally at best.
Yes thats a pic of after i tried it,keep in mind mine was'nt to bad
started getting blue and purple after about 1500km being a 2009 model they seem to take longer to start to colour.
never pulled the mufflers just in case this polish never worked.As i was skeptical aswell of this type of stuff.
So basicly i only spent about half hour on it,and it definately did
take the blueing off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts