Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a fan of the tank mount display on the TBird (or on my previous America). I mean why have to look down when you should be looking where you are going?? And with this bike it is real easy (unintentionally) to way exceed the posted speed limit!!
So I found this device --Scosche HUD2 - and wondered if anyone had tried something similar. In theory it should display speed directly onto the windshield. One other question is where to connect it? It appears to plug directly to the OBDII connector.
Only problem with that is I already have a Gear-in-Go plugged into the OBDII. Does anyone know if it is possible to with some sort of adapter to plug 2 devices to the same OBDII?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-FmSCj8RV2d7/p_142HUD2/Scosche-HUD2.html

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I understand your question.
I would be satisfied too just see MPH.
Other info such as GPS and nav is on my (mounted) cell phone when needed.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
3" multi-color LED heads up display
auto-adjusts brightness for day or night driving
displays speed, engine RPM, and status indicators
programmable alerts
works with included OBDII connector
for use with 2001-up vehicles
warranty: 2 years

It says in the listing " and status Indicators" Just curious what those are for. Since this plugs into the OBD connector they should program it to show gear indicator as well. Probably a software upgrade.

There are other options on the market ( here's one), it's not a HUD but looks to provide all the necessary info and could be mounted in various positions, windshield etc.
https://www.amazon.com/Samdo-Universal-Motorcycle-Speedometer-Odometer/dp/B078R1TN12/ref=asc_df_B078R1TN12/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312695966306&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14371146564797704099&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1026036&hvtargid=pla-556251711977&psc=1

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved!
Just loaded a free speedometer app for my cell phone.
Phone sits in holder attached to handlebars.
Power direct from motorcycle battery to cell phone for charging.
Cell phone displays big bold green MPH just below eye line.
Much better than looking down at the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts