Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have this problem? My headlights have always been effected by the throttle (at idle, giving some throttle brightens the lights a bit), but this is a new issue. I recently noticed that while riding, my headlights have begun to flicker.

It's both lights, so I don't think it's the bulb. Battery is original (15k miles on the bike), but is charged. Connections seem to be good, at least at the terminal and the headlights. Lights are fine w/ the engine off, just starts flickering when the bike is running.

As of now, it's just a minor annoyance, but seems to be getting worse. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sound like a wire is starting to get loose?

Is it a rhythmic flicker or only when you hit bumps? Does it do if when the bike is still? All the time or just some of the time?

Might check your motor/earth ground connection.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happens sporadically and doesn't seem to be affected by bumps (or wheelies :D ). It does happen at times while the bike is still/idling. Seems to be affected by the throttle somewhat, but not always. I'm hoping it is a loose connection somewhere and not an issue w/ the alternator or stator.

Where is the earth/ground connection, is it off the negative terminal?

·
Registered
263 Posts
i am having the same issue, just started recently. happened after i put new bulbs in. i have an 06 with 10k on it and the original battery. it has died a couple of times and had to jump it. i figure i am ready for a new battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts