Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently purchased my 2008 tiger 1050, noticed on a recent trip my dip headlight not working, went to change it today but am a bit lost on how to go about it, previous owner upgraded the lights... I think... any tips anybody how to change bulb???? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
That looks like a typical aftermarket HID upgrade. It’s possible that the capsule (bulb) has failed or the electronics have packed up.

You can buy a kit with two complete sets (intended for a car) for under $30 on eBay and simply replace the whole lot. Alternatively, you could go back to a stock incandescent bulb or switch to LED. I documented the latter on a thread for my Tiger 1050 (where I also required bothe lights to come on together as low beam and added driving lamps to be the high beam.)

Note that HID does not work well for high beam because it does not come on instantly. Also not all LED kits will fit under the stock headlamp covers - although yours will have been modified already in order to accept the HID. Finally the beam patterns will be compromised with any non standard arrangement. The stock beam pattern is pretty crap so this may not be an issue but you will need to adjust the headlamp alignment to compensate for any changes.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Go led and adjust the beam of headlights level. Also try and get the adjustable led bulb that can be rotated to match the beam pattern of incandescent bulb. My3c

1 - 6 of 6 Posts