Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ok guys, my LED lamps are ordered. But it will be few days before I receive since I went with the free shipping option from Amazon. Ordered the Wiipro branded lights and at $92 for a set, I finally succumbed. But those Hog Lights from Down Under look really nice.

Anyhoo, as I start thinking about the install, I notice the position lamp bulb is independent from the stock headlight body. What are you guys doing with that position lamp connector? Tape off with some electrical tape and tuck it in?

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you leave the position lamp holder intact, be sure to insert an insulating material (I used a small piece of a credit card) where the globe used to be inserted. If it gets squashed behind the headlights, it will short out and blow the fuse for your tail lights.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
So finally got around to installing the Wiipro LEDs I purchased last Fall. Life gets in the way sometimes.

My installs are never smooth and this one was no different. I did follow the advice of others - bent back the tab on the interior retaining ring and taped off the position lamp bulb socket. However, I had to pull wiring out through the rear of bucket to make room for the new headlight. Once all buttoned up, I stuffed as muck wiring back and reinserted the rubber plug.

Overall, I think a nice upgrade. Can’t wait to road test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey, Chazz - Have you road tested those lights yet? Can't wait to hear what you think as I'm sitting on ready for a pair myself. They look terrific on your bike.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hey, Chazz - Have you road tested those lights yet? Can't wait to hear what you think as I'm sitting on ready for a pair myself. They look terrific on your bike.

Thanks!

I rode a little over 100 miles last Saturday but I have not tested them at night yet. I’m pleased to report NO condensation build up. My riding buddy said they looked good.

I’ve been intending to take a ride at dusk but the weather has not cooperated. But honestly, I do very little riding at night so not a big concern. I’ll report back after a late evening ride as I do need to check if the buckets need adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Excellent news on the lack of condensation. Thanks for giving us the updates as time permits. I'm trying to write up a review on my new Mustang seat (featuring a weekend ride to the mountains) so I know how challenging it can be to carve out time to put together these posts. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought my Thunderbird. It came with a Denali headlight and tonight I took it for my first nighttime ride. I made one adjustment to the light (it was focused about 20 feet in front) and I could only ride with the high beam. I raised it up but am not sure I can get the light output I really want from it. I probably raised it a little too much, so I'm going to drop it a little before I order something new.

Does anyone else have (or had) the Denali light and have any other bulb they can compare it to?

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
120 Posts
For those that had to adjust a non-Storm setup, how much did you adjust it and did you use anything to "measure" what you did?
I feel like the light is aimed too low. Guess I could just crank it up a bit at a time and see what works.

Dan.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello all. Total Noob here when it comes to wiring. The old headlight has a triple spade connector which plugs right in to my Amazon LED light. What do I do with the two remaining connectors off the old light? Both singles. One is black wire and the other is yellow wire with female spade connectors on both ends. SOS!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
That's for the "position light", that tiny bulb inside the stock headlight that stays on when the ignition key is in the park position. You can tape off or otherwise insulate the two connectors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd like a Mars light for my T-bird...

·
Registered
7 Posts
41 - 60 of 60 Posts