Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
......Good to hear that several of you have not experienced this. I think if the part in question was going to create condensation, it would happen within the first month of use.
That's going to depend on whether the moisture was sealed inside during the manufacturing process or leaks in over time and the temperature and humidity where you live. Don't think you can put a time on that.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
......Good to hear that several of you have not experienced this. I think if the part in question was going to create condensation, it would happen within the first month of use.
That's going to depend on whether the moisture was sealed inside during the manufacturing process or leaks in over time and the temperature and humidity where you live. Don't think you can put a time on that.
Yeah, but I would think a problem is more likely to show early as the new plastic is exposed to the high heat and elements. I think a good sign is several months of use with no issues. If condensation shows after 2 years of use, I'm not near as butt hurt as I would be if it fogs after two weeks.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mine went right in after moving that metal tab in the ring. I put the four spring clips back in and the headlight is nice and tight. I'm still working on getting the beam adjusted just right using the adjustment bolts but I think I have a winner.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi all, just found this thread and the light looks great. Will it work with the 2014 Thunderbird LT? I think it's the same headlight unit as on the other T-Birds?

Sounds like it's pretty easy to install, so even though I've been satisfied with the standard lamp, this would be a good upgrade.... and just when I thought i was done upgrading!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Forgot to ask, but would the plug-in unit work for the LT? Again, I'm not sure if it's the same or different from pre-2014 T-Birds. Anyone know?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the motolights led installed in my 2011 Tbird. In for 3 or 4 months through rain and cold Australian morning riding with no condensation issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone have the JW Speaker 8690M. The fixed light not the adaptive. Pacific Coast Cruiser has them on sale for $349.95.
Revzilla will price match and I have some revzilla cash so that is where I will get it. They also have the adaptive on sale for $569.95

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Anyone have the JW Speaker 8690M. The fixed light not the adaptive. Pacific Coast Cruiser has them on sale for $349.95.
Revzilla will price match and I have some revzilla cash so that is where I will get it. They also have the adaptive on sale for $569.95
I watched a video on the adaptive version and very nice. But too rich and overkill for me as I try to avoid night riding when I can.

BTW, I tried to find them on the PCC website but no luck. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've installed LED headlight bulbs on my T-bird one side condensation build up, I thought I was the only one having this problem. I got my LED bulbs from DDM tuning in north San Diego used there products in the past and currently on both my cars and my RVS4 RF and T-bird.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've done the Day Maker LED upgrade. I initially did the PIAA bulb too.. and it was better than the stock bulb.. but this year I decided to try a LED and chose one on Amazon. It had good reviews. It fits perfectly and it works amazingly. Way better than the PIAA. The only slight mod I had to do is to bend a small metal tab out of the way inside the headlight ring. It was easy and I did it with my fingers. It can easily be bent back if you ever wanna put it back to a regular bulb again.

Here's a link to the bulb I bought..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HNMI2Q6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My light just arrived. Looks a lot smaller than the light coming out...So the 5.75 light will fit no problem...have a 15 Thunderbird LT.

thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Super nice and agree that the blacked reflector really suits the matte gray Storm. How was the install?
Install was basically plug and play.

The led headlights fitted into an existing slot in the head light locating ring and the existing plug fitted straight on.

Only modification that I made was to splice into the yellow wire that supplies the parking lamp. A Posi-Tap connector was supplied with each headlight for this purpose.
I left the existing parking lampholders intact in case I ever want to return to the OEM headlights (this will not happen as long as I own this bike as the leds are a vast improvement).
I also cut up an old credit card to slot into the now unused original parking lampholders to stop them shorting out in case they get squashed in the buckets.

Whole install took a little over one hour.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I’ve been looking at the more expensive LEDs for my Storm but I can’t stop returning to those on Amazon for < $100 a pair!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I got my LED from Amazon for $49. I put it on back in March and it?s been awesome. Mine is a ?Wilpro? brand. I highly recommend it.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts