Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anybody knows if the original 900 Thunderbird from '95 and the original Speed triple from the same era has the same size headlight? There is this really cool Le Mans Mk I replica fairing made for the S3 that I'd like to fit to my TB, but it depends on the headlightopening being the same.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

The headlight assembly is the same and so the opening would match. (You can check the part numbers on BikeBandit).

I am not sure about the mounting ears - I assume they position at the same height? What will you do with the front indicators, as I think a Le Mans fairing will cover the current Thunderbird positioning for the indicators?

Geoff

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Geoff :)

If the indicators are in the way, I will reposition them or fit ministalks or whatever it takes ;)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since my parts are scattered between a barn far away and my home - does anybody know if the TB use a 7" or an 8" lens?

·
Banned
372 Posts
I believe it's a 7" lens. I bought a Dart Flyscreen for my Legend and that's made for the 7" lens on the Bonnie. And since the Legend and TB have the same lens...

Just the n00b trying to contribute...I hope I'm not wrong. :eek:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Now I can buy a cheap replacement lamp from an old Golf :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts