Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Want to share some feedback on clear headlight film I installed 2 weeks ago.
Background: this is for my 2nd 1050 Sprint. My first logged 36,000 miles during which the headlight lens received hundreds of tiny microscopic nicks from road debris, something I'd like to minimize with my new to me 07 sprint with near-new mileage. I reviewed a number of car forum discussions on headlight preservation to arrive on the idea of using one of a few different films on the market for bumper/ headlight protection.
Application is similar to installing window tint only this product is much thicker and pliable. Initially it appeared slightly cloudy but is now completely clear after drying for a week+. The custom cut piece has a few tabs which need to be trimmed after installation, but assist with installation.. You don't want to touch the product adhesive of possible. I'm happy with the outcome..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
What was the product you used, and is it a ready to order piece, or did it have to be custom cut first? Pricing?

Looks good, and depending on price, may be something I look into doing...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just offering alternatives. But I've been using Skidmarx lexan headlight protector since 2008. Works very well!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Received the Lamin-X clear protective film 2 days ago and it came pre-cut for the GT headlight and mirror indicators. The installation process was very easy and the end result is perfect. Highly recommended

1 - 9 of 9 Posts