Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

Since my '96 Sprint got rear ended in the parking lot (dumb driver) My front left headlight was cracked. It still worked, so I didn't worry ... until it finally went out. I'd like to get some info on replacing it - is it easy to do myself? I probably have to take the fairing off. Also, Bikebandit.com lists two headlights ... one for $92 and the other for $80. How do I identify the one I have? I'd like them to match. I should probably replace the bulbs while I'm at it as well ... go with stock or get something brighter?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi.
There Is A Cheap Full Set On FleBay For A 96 Sprint.
Yep Do It Your Self Job It Aint That Hard.
fairing off Few Screws And UnPlug Power Cable To Bulbs Jobs Done. :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to get the new reflector and bulbs. The used one on the flea bay looks way more scuffed up than the rest of my bike :) Do any of you gentlemen know the Triumph part number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi,

For your bike I believe that the lefthand Haedlamp unit is part number T2700172, the righthand is T2700167.

As far as I know the convention of lefthand is when sat on the bike and not looking at it from the front.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts