Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my 06 Speed Triple headlight. I have no low beam. I replaced the bulbs, but it still does not work. The high beam works fine. I checked all the fuses and they are all OK. It is possible to hear the "click" from the relay (4RA 940 010 71 between two 4RD 003 520 13 near the battery) when switching from low to high. There are 2 more 4RA 940 010 71 near the gas tank to make this thing even more confusing for me. Could anybody help?

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
The relay may click but is there volt's going to the lamp's.
If there's separate relays for high and low beam, you could shop the relays to test.

best to use a multimeter and test for volts and/or continuity.

Or a small 12v side light and a couple of pieces of wire.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Might be wiring issue. Most likely place is the bundle of wires that is clamped on the right side of the steering head. Quite common for 1 or 2 wires to get cut due to the constant bending. You could just unclamp the wires and move them around a bit to see if anything happens.

Other than that you should check with a wiring diagram and multimeter where the juice stops flowing. If the fuses and relays have been checked as OK then the connectors and wires are next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts