Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me. On my 07 1050 8ve picked up a crack on the headlight lens. I have a "donor unit" but the body of it is damages but lens is perfect. Anyone have experience in separating the lens and how best to do it and what to bond it back on with??

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The Tiger1050 headlight unit is difficult to separate. Many have attempted it so that they can upgrade the projector lamps inside. The common method is to heat it up in an oven but what temperature depends on whether it was sealed with mastic or silicon or acrylic. The lamp manufacturer seems to have used all three sealants quite randomly with the result that some owners have got it apart quite easily and others have struggled, sometimes with disastrous results. You can only try. While it's apart best to upgrade the lamps inside, the stock projector reflectors lose all their mirror reflective finish quite quickly and the lights go from bad to worse. Many Tiger1050 owners have upgraded completely to the far better Tiger1050 Sport headlight assembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts