Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My name is Ray from Singapore and my old man owns a rocket III classic. A few questions that might have already been covered, sorry that I didn't have the time to do a search.

Lights issue.

He rides to Malaysia, Thailand frequently, a lot of time spent on night driving (no street lamps on freeway).
According to him, he said these headlights don't go past more than 5 meters. Tried adjusting the lamp higher but the beams scattered so bad that they shine onto the rear mirror of the car infront. Are there any after market headlights that can solve this problem? Will a bulb change help? Is it a H4 globe? Can he use a 100w bulb?

Main stand (full stand)

Not sure if this is the correct term, this is use for parking. He doesn't ride the bike often and apparently it's bad of the tyres to rest at an angle. There's an after market in Australia and it costs around AU$800!!! :evil: Anyone knows a better deal?

That's all now... Many thanks and any recommendation much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ray

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2007-02-17 11:19, Ugarte wrote:
These bulbs should help......and the Triumph fog lights.

Bulbs
Yeah heard about these fog lights but are these with yellow lens or yellow bulb? Dad doesn't really wanna use fog at the moment. White spot light or similar would best suit his needs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Rivco is coming out with a center stand for the Rocket, should be sometime this spring.

I've tried Xenon bulbs. No doubt they're brighter but since the Rocket has 2 small head lamps, I don't think the pattern they light up is noticeably bigger, even on high beam.

Kuryakyn sells xenon headlamps from Xsighting Lighting which are supposed to be revolutionary. They sell them for H-D's - haven't seen anything small enough for the double Rocket lamps. They go for $300-$500 for a single lamp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same problem - stuff-all visibility with the standard headlights. The small fog lights widen your field of vision, but don't extend it forward by any noticeable amount.

Shame :(

·
Banned
557 Posts
The majority of your dad's riding is at night in an area without street lamps....

I think several things are necessary.

Replace the headlight bulbs to the one previously listed. I saw an improvement by using the H4, but I think you need even more light.

I would mock up a light bar to the front forks and hang two halogens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts