Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
69C908E9-01D9-4476-B1A5-F591C74B62D6.jpeg

Hi everyone,
I’m pulling my thinning hair out trying to understand why my twin headlights aren’t working on my 02 Girlie, I say not working but high beam on one and low on the other.

Luckily I have two of these bikes, the second an 03, has both headlights behaving as they should 👍🏻
I have even taken all the relays out of the second and put in the first Tiger 🐅, this makes no difference at all and I’m still one main one dipped.
I’ve also replaced both 15amp fuses just to be sure.
Pardon the pun, but can anyone shed some light 💡 on my conundrum 😁 tia

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro
395 Posts
Obviously something is burned out. I blame the dragon. Look at him. How can anything survive that blast? :)

You don't say you swapped globes.

I'm not familiar with how your lights work. Do both sides run high and low?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously something is burned out.
Lol, the only thing that's burned out is me trying to figure out how to solve the problem:p
I've swapped out everything except the loom 😄and no that's not going to happen!
The lights are working just not the way i want, and its road legal, so until i can find the problem i'll chuck it back together and ride it, also i have a great LED on the chair which is just as good if not better than both headlights(y)

·
Registered
127 Posts
First, kudos on the flag, those of us with Welsh heritage have been feeling even better ever since Marvel recognized Welsh independence in Black Panther.

Okay, on to it. From your post I'm not clear on the problem: the low beam doesn't come on when the high beam's on? Something else?

To consider:
Examine and clean the handlebar switch.
Trace the wiring? so much fun
Consider this thread.

--Good luck to you sir. I don't like wiring.

Reactions: 2Tigers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, kudos on the flag, those of us with Welsh heritage have been feeling even better ever since Marvel recognized Welsh independence in Black Panther.

Okay, on to it. From your post I'm not clear on the problem: the low beam doesn't come on when the high beam's on? Something else?

To consider:
Examine and clean the handlebar switch.
Trace the wiring? so much fun
Consider this thread.

--Good luck to you sir. I don't like wiring.
Thanks for the reply,

I'm going to leave it for now as i want to ride the bastard thing 😄 I'm finished work until September so have plenty of time to make a fuss with it when i'm ready(y) Originally i wanted them both(lights) to work for an MOT, but as previously mentioned i've got two (bikes)of them so i'll swap the number plates around :p

As for a name for your bike if you already haven't chosen one can i recommend Gerwyn? pronounced Garewin but you must roll the R! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts