Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I can replace the headlight bracket on my '06 bonnie? I dented it and its bent enough that getting the key in/out is tight. I know I can order a replacement part, but I can't see how difficult it is to install. Does anyone know how to remove the old one/get the new one on?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
you have to take the fork legs off to remove install new headlight brackets, or take the top clamp off, as well as remove the turn signals and ignition.

To remove the turn signals you must open the headlight and disconnect the wiring to allow you to slip the wiring out of the headlight bracket.

It sounds like a lot of work, and it kind of is, but it's all intuitive and most of the elec's use connectors, so there won't be any cutting and soldering.

For replacement brackets I'd look to Ebay for stock brackets, and some of the vendors have different brackets for sale, but they require relocating the ignition ($60-100), and relocating the turn signals ($20plus for the bracket, not including lights)...

I took my headlight brackets off and cut and rewelded them to lower my headlight 1.5'', so I've been through it before.

I'd remove the fork legs to get them out, do it one at a time.

You'll need a bike jack if you don't have a centerstand because you have to remove the front wheel. You can buy a jack from Sears for less than $100.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts