Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks! my mount looks straight.. perhaps its just an optical illusion making it look a tad off center

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine came the same way...just off center, towards the left. I adjusted mine to proper center, and the light was even worse at night! It seems that there is a narrow beam that is just off center, that shines further out than the rest of the beam. Once I had adjusted it properly, and saw that my night vision was even worse than before, I changed it right back to the original way it was. I'm just living with it for now. I've read here that some have gone to the dual headlamps like on the storm, and Voila` Problem solved!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Here's the aiming procedure.With the motorcycle parked on a level surface and upright as straight as possible,[usually ya have someone sit on it to hold it up straight for ya] take a measurement from the center of the headlight lens to that level surface.Now,find a level area and measure 25 feet from the front of the machine to a wall,a tree,a grarage door,whatever,and make a mark on it the same height as you measured from the center of the light to that level surface.Now with the machine on HIGH BEAM,adjust the headlight beam to hit the center of that mark.That's it.Low beam will be where it's gonna be.The high beam is what you're interested in.

As for the direction of the headlight,turn the headlight assembly so it's facing as straight as possible using the machine as your guide line. Done!! Dave!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts