Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiring connector for the 1050ST is a little pinned affair that plugs into the harness that leads to the inner sanctum, it looks to be a standard auto pinned connector, does anyone know who it's known as
and is it generic.
I am about to install HIDs and just want to plug into this OEM bit.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
The wiring connector for the 1050ST is a little pinned affair that plugs into the harness that leads to the inner sanctum, it looks to be a standard auto pinned connector, does anyone know who it's known as
and is it generic.
I am about to install HIDs and just want to plug into this OEM bit.

Thanks
I searched for one of those when I did the headlight wiring upgrade. I was not able to identify it from readily available sources. The pins are too small for upgraded wiring anyway so I added a Metripak connector for the headlights and left the position light wired through the original connector.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched for one of those when I did the headlight wiring upgrade. I was not able to identify it from readily available sources. The pins are too small for upgraded wiring anyway so I added a Metripak connector for the headlights and left the position light wired through the original connector.
I noticed before the connector there is a set of .11 inch spade connectors. If I could find them even I could proceed.
What if I may ask is a Metripak connector?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
What if I may ask is a Metripak connector?
Metripak Connectors are a heavy-duty sealed connector.

Amp Econoseal sealed connectors are used in several locations on the Sprint (example GPS and heated grip connectors) but they're not really suitable for heavier gauge wire. The Metripak is a more robust solution with terminals available for 10 or 12 gauge wire.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Metripak Connectors are a heavy-duty sealed connector.

Amp Econoseal sealed connectors are used in several locations on the Sprint (example GPS and heated grip connectors) but they're not really suitable for heavier gauge wire. The Metripak is a more robust solution with terminals available for 10 or 12 gauge wire.
The headlamp circuit looks to be a 14 gauge. I'll check on the Metripak and try to get one.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts