Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I want to replace the stock polycarbonate headlamp on my 2016 Thruxton 900 with a glass headlamp with the parking/position lamp (US model). I've looked mainly at a 7" Hella, but with web sites the way they are seems everyone has different descriptions of the same thing. Best I can tell this want I;m looking for:

I understand this a E spec headlamp which is actually better than US DOT standard, not too worried about that.

Anyone confirm this is the correct model or recommend a different model?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I used a Cibie at the time (sold under the parent company name of Valeo). This old thread may be useful to you.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
One thing to watch out for not all 7" lights are the same 7" . I fitted a Wipac and the chrome trim ring took a little grinding with a dremel to fit , lovely pattern to the beam though . I have a cibie ready to fit if anything happens to that , I ordered one of each and the Wipac came first .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I received the Hella 7" headlamp, I have not measured anything yet, but I was wondering if I need to remove the "reflector" before I install my H4 halogen bulb?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
No - leave it in.

Have a good read of the first post in ripper's thread - in addition to a decent (Phillips Extreme Vision/Osram Night Breaker) bulb, seriously consider upgrading the wiring to the bulb - more voltage means brighter lights!

~'05 Thruxton~Sport Evolution 1100cc~FCR 39mm~813 cams~shim-under-bucket~+1.5mm valves~45mm headers~Ignitech CDI~m-Lock~m-Unit~Acewell CA85~F3 Frankenfork~Hagon Nitros~6-piston Pretech~520 chain~wide 17" rims~sticky rubber~

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Hella 7" 002395071 dropped right in, the only thing I need to modify was the connection for the position/parking lamp. The original lamp used a small bulb with a glass base where as the Hella used a spades. I just cut the original connector off and crimped on a couple spade connectors.

Now waiting on new LCD to replace the halogen. Thanks all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts