Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I need a headlamp relay and the indicator relay for a 2009 Thruxton, I am currently based in Dubai/UAE and there is no local dealer for support.

It need not be an original Triumph part, even if you were to provide details for the parts, I'll hunt at the other suppliers (Japanese big 4) to see what I could unearth and fix.

Please revert.

Reg,

Joji Kurian

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Martin & Forchetto,

Thank you for the quick update, I've a scrambler and the Thruxton.

The Thrux was rear ended by a car...so the search for parts is begun in real earnest.

Take care and stay well.

Joji

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

My indicator (turn signal) relay has packed up, it was sticking until it had 'warmed up' (minute or so under power). I took it out today and saw that the area of the connectors which go into the relay body were corroded although the pins themselves looked fine. I soaked the relay in ACF50 hoping this would prevent further corrosion and free up the internal, preventing sticking due to corrosion. The relay now only works briefly if I have the indicators powered and I attempt to connect the relay, during the initial contact the indicators flash once and that's it.

The bike's still in warranty, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of trying to go through this. Price for a new Triumph part is ~£50, worthy of warranty hassle. Is there anywhere I can get a cheap relay for the bike in the UK?

Thanks for your help.
cpp01

P.S. should had said bike is an EFi 2011 Scrambler

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
It's a standard automotive turn signal flasher.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I'm sure it will come up again so here's my findings:
1. Triumph replacement unit ~£50, guess it will work
2. Autostore part (only one I could find with 'correct' markings, at Halfords), £10, but high flash rate due to low bulb wattage- temporary fix if stuck maybe.
3. Triumph-onlne, £13, works a charm and quickly delivered! http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/dua...specification-for-triumph-t2500531-1961-p.asp

Hope that helps someone.
cpp01

·
Registered
434 Posts
Electro - Diesel ltd sale the flasher relay or
Hella Blinkgeber as Flasher unit 12v 10w (part No 4DB003750-707)
£10.62 inc vat

HTH lewi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts