Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I walked through the garage today and looked at the bike. Low and behold, the left headlight is cracked. Now it wasn't cracked the day before when I washed the bike, but I did take a short ride afterwords. There isn't any sign of a rock strike, so Im thinking its thermal shock and fatigue. (Last two 1000 miles trips have been in the rain.)

Checked on Bikebandit already, but I can't find just the glass. They want to sell the whole lamp as a unit. $88 is a little steep. Does anyone know of a better place to get the part? The local dealer, if you call 1 hr. away local, is kinda a tool and I don't want to give them business if I don't have to.

Beyond that, anyone selling a headlight for a 2005 - 2008 S3?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't know if the lens can be ordered separately. I'd check these guys and see if they have any.

The only thing I can contribute is that the headlight buckets changed shape in 2008. They became longer and asymmetrically shaped.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the glass is glued to the reflector, so it's one unit. the only other option is an aftermarket one, I've used the Adjure Ice lights before, they're pretty similar, except they you have to drill your own hole for the parking bulb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts