Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering could I, without causing any damage, remove the silencers and just run with my header pipes on my 2006 Bonnie? I love the sound but have been told that I could burn a piston this way due to lack of backpressure and the engine running to lean. Is this true? If so are there any adjustments I can make to the carbs without rejetting?

Thanks for any and all help.
Randy

·
Registered
799 Posts
Rancam,

You can get aftermarket baffles that weld and/or screw into the strait pipes. Custom Bobber guys used to do this all the time before there were so many choices in exhaust systems.
Check into it, it looks good and is really really load...

[ This message was edited by: Whitehurst on 2007-02-16 23:02 ]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was just wondering could I, without causing any damage, remove the silencers and just run with my header pipes on my 2006 Bonnie? I love the sound but have been told that I could burn a piston this way due to lack of backpressure and the engine running to lean. Is this true? If so are there any adjustments I can make to the carbs without rejetting?

Randy
I have been running with just my header pipes for over 6,000 miles now and she runs strong and barks like a dog but i do have the 39 cr flatside carbs on her...dont know if that makes a difference or not,no time to be a grease monkey to busy riding. 03 T100 single seat,superbars,39cr flatsides etc.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts

Randy
Why would you want to do that?
Get a Harley!

I can tell you that it is a real bummer to have hardly any hearing left when you hit middle age because of stupid youthful things like hacking the mufflers off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts