Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok, it wasn't much, but the rear end came up and it felt good. 3 times total. Now to work on height and rolling!

·
Registered
583 Posts
wow, triple, man, i havn't been able to do that,, when ever i try my bike just halts, no rear end up, you are for sure part of clan hooligan. :upthumb:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have tried that a few times but I don't have the guts to keep it up. I have seen far to many videos of those things going bad, and when they do....they go really bad.

·
Registered
309 Posts
My older brother was showing off his sweet bicycle wheelie skills on my specialized hard rock one day a few years back. He was riding a 10 second wheelie one way in front of the garage, then he would come back and do another. The last one he tried resulted in him dropping the front wheel directly on the curb, shock compressing completely, and then flying headfirst onto the lawn complete with the obligatory bicycle landing on him to top it off. Needless to say hes never ridden my speedy :-D

[ This message was edited by: S32k1 on 2006-12-16 02:50 ]

·
Registered
629 Posts
Used to do them on bicycle all the time. For some reason it feels a bit more intimidating with a 220kg/20k$ motorcycle :-D

G

·
Practice on a dirt bike first. One with good brakes, tires, and slightly low front tire pressure. Slight downhills make it eaiser to get started. I can do short ones fairly decent, my best high speed rolling stoppie was actually unintenional, just a lot of brake at the end of a long straight and weight foward for the turn.

No I can't do one on a VRod. Thats one reason why I want an S3, because the front sticks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice!

There is a road in my neighborhood that backs up to houses. This is where I do my stoppie (or "panic stopping" - as far as any police are concerned!)" practice. The S3 is a perfect platform for it!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Needless to say hes never ridden my speedy

S32k1, from your recent posts, neither have you! (At least very much) D'OH! :razz:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Freshly scrubbed-in tires and properly adjusted suspension helps. With my forks a smidge low on fluid, rear end set to hard for my past trackday, and tires through a few too many heat cycles, it isn't quite conducive to getting that front tire to hoist the bike when I hammer on the brake after bouncing the rear.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i have done it on several occasions but never intentionaly. Once a little Johnson county woman on a cell phone pulled in front of me...up came the rear...not fun...once coming of a real rad corner into the power over a hill and a crossed light truck in front with no cones out.....up camr the rear with my butt grabbing seat....never tried on purpose but danm those excellent front breaks!sean

·
Registered
215 Posts
For those who don't know Johnson County is the second richest county in America, behind Beverly Hills. This translates the above post to: An overprivileged, stuck up, snob of small stature; being completely oblivious to anybody else on the road due to the cellphone glued to her ear; pulled her soccer sticker clad ford Gigantibus SUV out......

[ This message was edited by: StuckInKansas on 2006-12-17 03:34 ]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Come on! Second richest county in the nation. BS. First of all, Beverly Hills is a city, not a county. Second, there is no way in hell that the second richest county is in Kansas. Good to have state pride, but don't post BS and expect not to take Sh.t for it. I'm just messing with you!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The richest U.S. counties
Rank County Millionaire households % of state's
millionaire households
1 Los Angeles County, CA 262,800 23%
2 Cook County, IL 167,873 41%
3 Orange County, CA 113,299 10%
4 Maricopa County, AZ 106,210 62%
5 San Diego County, CA 100,030 9%
6 Harris County, TX 96,593 17%
7 Nassau County, NY 78,816 13%
8 Santa Clara County, CA 75,371 7%
9 Palm Beach County, FL 69,871 12%
10 Middlesex County, MA 67,552 28%

·
Registered
337 Posts
On 2006-12-17 09:26, mjoolnar wrote:
Come on! Second richest county in the nation. BS. First of all, Beverly Hills is a city, not a county. Second, there is no way in hell that the second richest county is in Kansas. Good to have state pride, but don't post BS and expect not to take Sh.t for it. I'm just messing with you!
Actualy he is right! five years ago it was considered fith now is secound only to tose westcoast yuppie ones....some of the most expensive realestate in the midwest next to one meg mile in Chicago!.....Yes kansas is a breadbasket state but it does have its faults and one is Johnson county which incompasses overlandpark,merriam,Olathe and several other cities. Sean

·
Registered
215 Posts
I didn't look it up, but I remember hearing something to that effect a while back. I guess I should have added a disclaimer. I somehow knew I would catch flak for that one.... :) My only issue with your stats is that it seems you are only counting % of all the millionaire households. I am talking average income per capita. Two completely different stats. By the way read my name: STUCKinkansas, doesn't sound so proud in retrospect does it? Sorry to be defensive, but I felt like I was called I liar, and that is bound to get me a little riled up!

[ This message was edited by: StuckInKansas on 2006-12-17 17:02 ]

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hey, Triple... will they let ya do that with your work bike?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i've been told if I try any "crazy Sh!t" on the work bike, i'd be in trouble. The craziest i've done on that is stand up with no hands. Pretty easy with the cruise control. When I get new tires on it I plan on burning the rear tire off in the harley shop, Hey it's private property.... :-D

Anyway the tire will lock before the bike will lift the rear, Front tire locks are scary!!! There should be some kind of emotican wetting it's pants cuz that would properly describe it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts