Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AMA just announced that the Harley Sportster will by the marque of the year at next July's Vintage Motorcycle Days.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Since 2007 marks the 50th anniversary of the Sportster, that's fitting! I always loved it when the Sportster riders would brag about how their bikes were 250cc larger than the Bonnies, and how they'd ride away with their heads down and tail between their legs when they'd get whooped in a street race. Of course, there were some fast Sportsters that would return the favor, so the "which is best" controversy was never solved!
I figure the Bonneville will be chosen as the featured mark sometime soon.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Fitting! .... they've had Vincents, BMWs, MV Agustas, Ducatis, etc, etc, over the past (what?) 11-12 years the track has been supporting VMD. A Sporty is fine with me. And appropriate! And it ain't a girl's bike! And though I've never owned one of the beasts, someday I will.

Bob

PS - VMD is one nice motorcycle event. Huge campground if you're of the tenting persuasion ... beautiful track .... great concession facilities ... one of the biggest swap meets in the USA ,,, oh, I almost forgot, wonderful vintage bike racing. If you live within 500 miles of Lexington, Ohio, I'd put it on your calendar of potential bike things to do this coming summer.

[ This message was edited by: ohiorider on 2006-12-15 07:18 ]

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Bronson ....early Sixties? I remember the program, just not the specific time period.

Bob

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Sure I remember "Bronson". It was a big influence on me at the time. Michael Parks played the title role. It only ran two seasons; 1969 and 1970. It was sort've a '60s version of "Route 66": this guy travelled from town to town solving his problems and everybody else's (and breaking hearts, of course). He even sang the show's theme song, "Long Lonesome Highway", which became a pop hit. He went on to appear in various TV programs, but never as the star. The latest place you may have seen him was the "Dusk til Dawn" films and "Kill Bill".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.