Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am installing some rizoma zero-11s for the front (I put some other LED signals on the back) and I am running into an issue that I hope another person who has installed these mirrors can answer for me.

The front right mirror installed onto the radiator cowl just fine, but the front left cowl has a large hose (not sure exactly what for) that runs to the radiator and rests right behind the mounting point. This wasn't an issue for the original signals but I can't install the new rizomas because they use a much longer bolt.

Has anyone here installed these turn signals or any others with long bolts, and how did you deal with this hose being there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you installing mirrors on you cowels too?

I ran into a little clearance issue installing the rizoma avio 21s , I shimmed the signal lights out with a plastic spacer .
In my case it made the difference and the signal fits great.
No, just the turn signals... I'm not sure how a mirror would work on that cowl.

I figured the answer would be a spacer or something like that, but that would make it stick out more. I was hoping to make this protrude less than the stock signals. The bolt is about 1 inch long, but would hit the hose after about 1/4 inch. I'm wondering if it is possible to cut the bolt while keeping the wiring intact inside it...

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
Hey guys,

I am installing some rizoma zero-11s for the front (I put some other LED signals on the back) and I am running into an issue that I hope another person who has installed these mirrors can answer for me.

The front right mirror installed onto the radiator cowl just fine, but the front left cowl has a large hose (not sure exactly what for) that runs to the radiator and rests right behind the mounting point. This wasn't an issue for the original signals but I can't install the new rizomas because they use a much longer bolt.

Has anyone here installed these turn signals or any others with long bolts, and how did you deal with this hose being there?

Thanks.
Ok , you may be able to trim the bolt with a really good quality pipe cutter .
otherwise go easy with a dremel?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, whoops!

I think I have a solution that is working. The metal bracket the left cowl is mounted to has two holes for the stock signal, one larger one where the wires go through and another for the bolt. Since the Rizomas only use one hole, I used a dremel and drill to widen the smaller hole (and the one with more clearance from the hose) and with a nut on both sides of the cowl it fits fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts