Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help here. I have read and re-read all the posts here about converting the idiot lights and gauges to LED, but they are all for different year and models and I don't know if mine is the same or not. I want to change out all the lights except the head lamp and the bright light indicator. Anyone else do this to their '95? Anyone able to send me a list???? I am looking at ordering from Superbright LEDs, are they cheaper on Ebay??? Any help is appreciated. thanks.

also looking to do the blinkers and Tail/break lights.

·
Registered
792 Posts
hi there maxcap mines is a 1996 t/bird so our bikes will the same so the T10 for the clock bulbs and T5 for the idiot lights are what you need, as for superbright leds being cheaper than e bay i cant say i got mine from e bay uk i think from memory that i got a pack of 10 T5 FOR IDIOT LIGHTS,AND 2 PACKS OF 2 T10 for the clock bulbs and they cost me arnd $15-$20 so this may help you compare if you want the company i got em from just pm me and i will have a look and see who they are ,when you get round to doin them drop the headlight out for easier acsess to the bulbs hope this helps

·
Registered
792 Posts
oh for got to say id not recommend the tail and indicators as ive heard from post on here that they not as bright as the normal bulbs but thats your choice good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good to know about the tail and indicators. thanks Hawk.
I have not seen LEDs go by T numbers before, guess I will have to pay closer attention.

·
Registered
792 Posts
no wrys m8 the T refers if am correct is the bulb fitting am sure you love em when you get round to fitting i just love em i can see the idiot lights now in bright sunshine lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you sure the idiot lights are T5??? I cannot find them on superbrightled web site. I see T3s that are tiny.

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
I do believe that T5, T10 etc refer to the width of the base (in mm). Thar's onother way to ensure you order the correct ones, measure the base of yout old bulbs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found T5s, just not on the website I was looking at. I found some on Ebay but I dont want to wait until August 1st for delivery.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
As regards stop/tail LEDs....

I have just fitted some 1157-R3X1W from here:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&category=CAR&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2F115x-x3X1W.htm#photos

These are most definitely brighter than stock on 'brake' light & about the same brightness on 'tail' light. If you want people to see your brake light quickly & in bright sunlight, these will do the job. Most impressive is the difference between tail & brake - no confusing the two.

Note that these have 90 deg rearward beam pattern which is much better for our poorly constructed 'reflectors'.

They also offer a single pin amber version, 1156-A3X1W, with similar output level to the 'brake' light - this would make an excellent (brighter) stock indicator bulb replacement imo.

·
Registered
792 Posts
glad you found the T5 leds and as ir mike has found some leds and the indicators you might want to go with em,always found mikes advice very good and sound advice so just want to wish you all the best in what ever you decide to do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.