Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Have you "out riden" your suspension?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BRich 
#1 ·
I went on a trip sunday to Hell Michigan, yes we have a town called Hell here. Myself and ten more sportbike riders rode down and no one had a naked bike but me (3 GSXR 600's, 1 GSXR 750, 2 YZF-R1's, 1 CBR 1000RR, 1 CBR 600, 1 ZX-6R, 1 Ninja 650R and myself). We hit some twisties and everyone decided to race, and I refused to come in last. No more chicken strips and a scraped peg later we stopped off in a parking lot to rest a bit, I showed the other guys how much my rear end bounces up and down. They all decided they would have never leaned that far with the suspension so loose, it did feel quite uncomfortable for me. The CBR 1000RR was ahead of me with his girlfriend on pillion :eek:! He had Ohlins front and back.

So what i'm asking is, has anyone else had this problem? My preload is set in the middle of the thread, if I tighten it would that help? Has anyone else tightend thier preload?

I wasn't in first... but I sure wasn't in last :D.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I do not ride the "R" and have no adjustability besides the preload spanner nuts. It's not really "bounce", it just has alot of travel, I did get a new shock from the dealer when the recall was issued. I weigh 240 lbs and I think I need a stiffer spring or an after market mono-shock.

Is it true that a Daytona shock will not fit with the stock exhaust?

Does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive aftermarket shock?

Thanks Mac.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.