Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think everybody here has a hat be it a baseball cap, wool pull over, or maybe even a giant Carmen Miranda thing with fake bananas and blinking LED pimp lights in the shape of grapes
They keep you warm, dry, protect you from incontinent birdies, can be quite stylish and help hide the dreaded Helmet Head.
It's easy enough to amass a collection and at least they don't eat much or take up a lot of space.
So, let's see your hats!
I'll get it going with my latest acquisition, a bowler which I have to stretch out as it's too small for my fat head. A beautiful, well made fur felt hat which is in perfect shape, made in England decades ago.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
There were a small number of Tilley hats on sale in Keswick ( George Fisher sale ) unfortunately not in my size at £40 they were a bargain .

·
Registered
86 Posts
There were a small number of Tilley hats on sale in Keswick ( George Fisher sale ) unfortunately not in my size at £40 they were a bargain .
I think I have the T3 , still going strong after over 10 years and guaranteed for life , amazing value for money .

I came up through your way in the Summer on the way to Scotland on the bike . Pulled into Tebay for tea , nosh and fuel . That stretch of road just south of there with the first sign of major contours always warms my heart and signals the real start of the trip up to Scotland !

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I sometimes wear a bright yellow baseball cap with Appalachian State logo, whether riding bike or not.

By accident I have found an even better solution. Since cutting my hair in a “high and tight” style, helmet head is eliminated.

·
Registered
6,005 Posts

·
2,945 Posts
Considering that I shave my head, I don't suffer helmet head anymore. I do keep a Yellowstone National Park ball cap stuffed in the front of the bike, wedged between the windscreen and the clocks.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Having my hair clipped short, helmet hair isn't really an issue but cold is. I usually wear a rolled up three-hole woollen balaclava, which is also occasionally useful rolled down 🧐

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Always remember to cover your ears my Dad has a slice out of one ear where the sun got to him and the doctors decided it was safer to remove a little bit ! Looks a bit like a close encounter with a bullet .

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Always remember to cover your ears my Dad has a slice out of one ear where the sun got to him and the doctors decided it was safer to remove a little bit ! Looks a bit like a close encounter with a bullet .
Didn't think you saw the Golden Orb up there that often. ;) Of course at that latitude there's more intense UV. NHS doesn't do biopsies? :(

Have a Lock Bentley cap not showing in the catalog link above which has folding ear flaps with Velcro and makes a chin strap when down or folds neatly on top. Ideal for classic motoring. No doubt they could make one on request as they made a duplicate of Lord Nelson's hat for an exhibition a few years ago since they'd made his original. (HATE these new smilies... :mad:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Didn't think you saw the Golden Orb up there that often. ;) Of course at that latitude there's more intense UV. NHS doesn't do biopsies? :(

Have a Lock Bentley cap not showing in the catalog link above which has folding ear flaps with Velcro and makes a chin strap when down or folds neatly on top. Ideal for classic motoring. No doubt they could make one on request as they made a duplicate of Lord Nelson's hat for an exhibition a few years ago since they'd made his original. (HATE these new smilies... :mad:)
Can't complain about the NHS he's had his money's worth over the years . Quite a few broken bones ankles legs etc leading to more recently having a leg broken to be straightened before both new ankles and a new knee . Went private for cataracts ( whats known as the postcode lottery , some regions do some don't ) but the macular degeneration injections and subsequent laser treatment they covered . Hope nothing else falls apart while we're on holiday later this month :eek: . +1 on the smilies .

1 - 20 of 50 Posts