Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I noticed the black triangular badge was missing from my right side cover, so I called my dealer to see about a replacement.
The fellow who answered the phone said something to the effect of "If you had wanted a bike which parts fall off of, you should have bought a Harley" and then connected me directly to their Service Manager "Mike".
I reiterated my question to him and he asked me to stop by so he could have a look at it. I stopped by on my way home from work (4-23)and he examined the bike and took a few notes on a pad saying he would call for warranty consideration and get back with me.
Friday was a hectic day, so I called him on Saturday (4-25) and he said the part would be in the following week.
The dealership is closed on Mondays, but today,(4-28), he called and said my emblem was in. Again, I stopped by after work and he handed me the badge with no paperwork, red tape or delay.
One of their chief mechanics was also there and he advised me to clean the side case with alcohol prior to installation.
Just wanted to say "Thank You" to Mike, the mechanic, Performance Cycle Center and Triumph for their quick resolution to such a trivial matter.
My feeling is that if they are this attentive on the small stuff, I needn't worry about receiving top-notch service on any future claims (should they arise).
I've read a few horror stories on this forum about poor service from other dealers and wanted to share my good experience with all of you other riders out there.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
I've read a few horror stories on this forum about poor service from other dealers and wanted to share my good experience with all of you other riders out there.

It's only the bad news that seems to circulate, thanks for the positive input.

---------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
My experience w/ Performance runs hot and cold. For example I had a warranty claim on the cooling fan of my Speed Triple. I took it in the week before a weekend ride I had planned. The service manager was aware of this and indicated that I could pick the bike up after they diagnosed it and return after the weekend for repair. When I arrived, to pick up the bike, the service manager handed me the key and wished me a nice weekend ride. When I got to the bike it was disassembled (and my ride had left). They provided me a ride home and I missed my ride. On the "good" side, the battery hold down strap had dry rotted and broke. They provided a new one, no questions. Just my 0.02.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts