Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great price on these, but I'm wary of 'getting what I pay for'. Any reviews? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had a chatterbox system about 5 yrs ago. it got wet once and quit working.the instructions said it was "rain resistant" not "waterproof". Piece of junk as far as I'm concerned, lousy customer service too. Des.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
On the rare occasions when I ride with my wife(< 2% of my overall riding, mercifully...) I wear ear plugs :D. Sort of the anti-Chatterbox...

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I don't personally use the Duo but I have used similar systems. Also, a frequent riding buddy of mine does have the Duo. Onward to my opinions:

The Duo seems like a pretty nice little kit. My buddy loves his and when I had my bluetooth helmet thing, I liked it well enough. The only issue I had with my old one, is not an issue on the Duo. The plug on the Duo is a pretty standard 3.5mm headset plug. If you are not satisfied with the speakers or mic on the Duo, almost any cell phone headset with mic built in would work. Also, there are adapters for headsets that ad the mic so you could use whatever headphones you wanted (ie super fancy in-ear monitors) and then put the mic adapter on it and be golden.

I think I may have just talked myself into getting one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted a bunch of the online retail stores.

One of them -- Jafrum -- told me that yes, I can order the Duo units, take them out of the box, install them, use them, and then still return them for a refund if I don't like the performance. So yeah, I'll give these a spin and report on them here. Guess where I'll be buying them from? :D Jafrum's prices are as cheap as everyone else's for this unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts