Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I thought it was hard to find a hiding place on my Ninja! Too make things easier, I separated the pump from the horn assembly and the assembly SHOULD fit where the stocker is. The only place I can find to fit the compressor is under the seat either beside the battery or back under the back rack.

I really hate to lose a horn that actually works, but this has turned into quite a project.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
:) I was thinking the same thing as I was riding my XC today....I've put Stebels on 3 of my bikes and this one should have it too....I will have to look at this soon

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I can share my homework with you. I'll have to fab a bracket, but it looks like the horn assembly will fit where the oem unit is. The compressor will fit beside the fuse panel or under the rear deck, just forward of the tail light assy. The rear mount is pretty cramped and at a diagonal. I think I'm going to, for now, end up with it beside the fuse panel and ziptie in place.

Today, while installing the hand warmer setup, I ran the wires (should only have to run one) that will go from the oem horn plug back to the relay that will go by the compressor. I also ran rubber tubing, all within black wiring loom to keep things sano. Next weekend I will try the final install, once I can locate a socket for the relay. 6 autoparts stores in Waterville and the only one that was closed appears the only one that carries them. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
The compressor rests nicely alongside the battery. The horn fits nicely snuggled up behind the left hand wing of the tank. You don't need to remove the tank to fit it (use cable ties), and it does not get in the way when you do remove the tank. Plus the tank protects it from rain, mud etc. I left the stock horn on, which gives me a little beep for very short bursts before the air horn kicks on.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I used the Wolo Bad Boy version, it is a rebadged Stebel. The newer ones are slightly different in their assembly but essentially the same. I mounted the compressor crossways underneath the rear package shelf, with the horn up underneath the beak where the stock horn was. Relocated the stock horn to the frame gusset behind the LH forward fuel tank mount. It works in conjuntion with the air horn.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts