Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I know this thread may seem tedious, but please bear with me.

I am coming out of a bit of a personal rough patch, My Triumph Scrambler playing a big role in my turnaround. Without going into to Much detail, I lost my younger sister about 2 years ago. She would have turned 30 in December of '07. My Scrambler was manufactured in December of '07...... There were some odd events leading up to me getting this new Triumph (never thought it would happen) This bike just seemed destined to be mine somehow.

I'm not overly Superstitious, I don't follow the works of Sylvia Browne or anything... I guess you could say I'm curious and am considering writing Triumph to inquire further. Does anyone know who I could direct that inquiry to? Or if they will even be able to give me this information?

Thanks for your understanding,

Jon
:cool:

·
Registered
495 Posts
That info should be findable. I'd check first with Triumph Canada and see what they can do to help you.

Mercedes has a program where you tell them what you have, your VIN and they can tell you lots about your car, they will print you up a card about it and everything.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, I think the week may be the closest you'll get in any event, because assembly surely takes a couple of days at least, not to mention manufacture of the various components.

Of course, there is a day when the completed bike rolled off the assembly line - Triumph may be able to come up with a record of that for you.

FWIW, I've spoken with customer service at Triumph USA a couple of times, and the gentleman I spoke with there has been exceedingly helpful. I'm already feeling a loyalty to the brand for that reason.

I found their number on the "company" portion of their website.

Last, I'm glad to hear that your bike is helping you stay connected to life - me, too, but that's another story. Bikes are great that way! Cycletherapy. Needless to say, we aren't the first to discover this. I'm reminded of Neil Peart's book, "Ghostrider" which he wrote about his motorcycle travels after losing both his daughter and his wife.

I hope you won't mind me urging you to always ride safely, my friend, when you can keep your mind on the ride. For me, that's not always easy - but vital.

·
30,527 Posts
I am quite certain that Triumph can trace the manufacture date of every single compnent on the motorcycle. I work in manufacturing, and traceability is a big deal.

Whether they will part with the info you want is another story - but they might, it's worth a letter or an email. Probably you want to know the date it rolled off the procution line, they might tell you that.

Sorry to hear about your sister man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts