Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Earthmate makes software to work with a smartphone that is equiped with Windows Mobile 5.0 and also comes with bluetoothe receiver. So i am building a bracket mount for my Motorola Q and getting the software. he he he :hammer: :cool: :hammer: :hammer:

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can pick Bluetooth receivers for around $50 now. There are many Smartphones and PDA Phones out there now that you can pick up through any carrier. I am personally using a Nextel Blackberry 7100i now which has a built GPS. Blackberry also has a free GPS/Map software that works well.

I have just found it more sensible to carry around 1 unit than a Phone and a GPS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i picked up a rider 2 weeks ago. only able to use it in a car so far.
the weather hasn't been cooperating with motorcyclists in the north east. it's maps are from navteck so it's as accurate as the maps. I'm happy with the product so far. when i put my address it said i lived on the other end of my street. but if you search either map-quest or goggle earth you would come up with the same results. the bluetooth feature and ease of use on tomtom's is what made me choose this product. you can change the voices. i have "Jane" a British chick, the voice is HOT......

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Is a GPS mountable on a Thrux with stock clip-ons? :???:
If so, I'd be interested to see your solutions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The tomtom Rider comes with bar mount, mirror mount, and windshield mount to use in a car. if you have bar end mirrors just use a bolt to hold the mount in place............expensive but complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts