Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Side Covers

I got them on my Thruxton, after fitting a single seat from Mototwin, the standard ones didn't do the job anymore. I like the way the MAS jobs look, they fit really well (as does all their stuff, I have the chainguard & sprocket cover as well)
Also because they are smaller, the bellmouth on the air intake is partially visible, looks really good.
As for your question, they sparky bits remain out of the way & I have not had any problems in the wet.
Go for it, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do these mount?

Do these mount to the stock mounting locations (bracket with two pins on top and the one bolt on bottom)?? I recently put new carbs on and the stock side panels wouldn't fit back on without some trimming...needless to say, I "over-hacked" them and now they look like F-15 side scoops, not the look I was attempting. The MAS ones look like they have a lot of clearance to the carbs and might work for me...

·
Registered
372 Posts
look at the picture on bellacorse again. it states that the covers include black mounting brackets. if you look at the picture underneath the covers you will notice that there is a rectangular bracket securing the cover to the factory sideplate mounting location. not sure about the top pins, though. you may not need the top pins since it is a whole lot smaller than stock. looks to me like it doesn't cover the carbs at all. you would probably find that the aftermarket carbs will work just great. -keith

·
Registered
69 Posts
look at the picture on bellacorse again. it states that the covers include black mounting brackets. if you look at the picture underneath the covers you will notice that there is a rectangular bracket securing the cover to the factory sideplate mounting location. not sure about the top pins, though. you may not need the top pins since it is a whole lot smaller than stock. looks to me like it doesn't cover the carbs at all. you would probably find that the aftermarket carbs will work just great. -keith
Aha, thanks for bringing that to my attention. For a minute there I thought they might mount to the airbox somehow (which I don't have)...They should work perfect, thanks Keith.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
That black bracket also has two holes on top for the pins on the bike and fits just like the stock side covers.

I love these things and want some bad.

·
Registered
372 Posts
no problem. glad to help-keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts