Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Yo Dickie,

Don't forget to add the required connector pipes. An additional £35.00... and the value dwindles.

I think I would shell out the extra clams and buy the Norman Hyde Togas. You can look at them both HERE. There's also a sound byte of the Sprints, but they sound pretty hollow to me.

Like the saying goes, you get what you pay for. So go for the Togas!

Togas... Togas... Togas... :-D

[ This message was edited by: road_dog on 2006-11-12 10:12 ]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could be right there, I'll give them a call. I have TORs fitted to my bike but they were not new when I bought them, and are a bit scratched, with a rattle from the inside when tapped.
I would like some reverse cone silencers (like the thruxton) but want to buy them local, mototwin did list some on their site, but they have now been removed.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Hey Dickie,

You could start another thread for opinions on the Norman Hyde Togas. I think lots of people here have 'em, and seem to really like 'em. However, I'm with you on the reverse cones.

I got reverse cones to go with the sportier look I wanted to achieve on mine. I run reverse cone Staintunes and I absolutely love 'em!!! If interested, it looks as though Woody's Importarium is your Staintune dealer in the UK.

Here's mine w/ the Staintunes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a nice looking bike, I like the rear shocks, what make are they?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Without a doubt... that would look sweet! They really look good with the wide pipes too. Especially they way they're radicily upsweept mounted on 'em. That Mototwin project Cafe Black is awesome looking!!!

Shocks are Ikons that I had Brent special order for me. They're just like the ones he shows on newbonneville.com. Except they're chrome springs and covers, w/ black bodies. They're similar to the Hagons shown on Mototwin.

[ This message was edited by: road_dog on 2006-11-12 12:38 ]

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a set of Mototwin SS reverse cone silencers on my T100. They sound and look great. I have had many compliments on both looks and sound. I bought them through Bellacorse but see they are not listed there now. Don't know what happened but I guarantee, if you bought a set, you would love them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
On 2006-11-12 11:53, road_dog wrote:
Hey Dickie,

You could start another thread for opinions on the Norman Hyde Togas. I think lots of people here have 'em, and seem to really like 'em. However, I'm with you on the reverse cones.

I got reverse cones to go with the sportier look I wanted to achieve on mine. I run reverse cone Staintunes and I absolutely love 'em!!! If interested, it looks as though Woody's Importarium is your Staintune dealer in the UK.

Here's mine w/ the Staintunes.

Great looking bike! Might I ask, what are those mirrors and where did you get them?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Thanks brownbomber,

The mirrors are Emgo oval mirrors for Yamaha V-Stars. I got the mini-ovals off eBay and installed them on mine. They screw right onto your existing stems.

Hey, I've been want to ask... where abouts are you anyway?

rvbeemer,

Do you have a pic of your T100 you could share w/ us?

·
Registered
92 Posts
On 2006-11-12 14:13, road_dog wrote:
Thanks brownbomber,

The mirrors are Emgo oval mirrors for Yamaha V-Stars. I got the mini-ovals off eBay and installed them on mine. They screw right onto your existing stems.

Hey, I've been want to ask... where abouts are you anyway?

rvbeemer,

Do you have a pic of your T100 you could share w/ us?
Thanks road_dog

I'm located in the Big Apple, New York City. Also, I too am a proud owner of a 2006 Black and Red Bonneville T100.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe I have the same pipes. I posted a link to a video of mine on the Owners forum. I like the pipes and the quality seems fine. I believe you can buy some baffles from Whitney's for about ten bucks and place them in the adaptor pipes and the clamps are supposed to hold. Here is a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtJXtrSJ70

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Dickie...I have the Sprint pipes purchased through Newbonneville.com with the pipe adaptor and hardware for about $350 US. They are actually made by EMGO and sold as replacements for 60's style Bonnevilles.
In my opinion, the quality and sound is excellent. I've had mine for almost 2 years now and have not noticed any problems with craftsmanship of the pipes or the chrome job (no pitting,rust,flaking etc.). Mounted they slope upwards and flare out a bit.
They have an agressive sound to them past 3500 RPM and will definitely get you noticed :-D .I installed the 1 1/2" diameter JC Whitney baffles in the header pipe in front of the adaptor to silence them a bit.

Shorty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.