Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... , and is willing to part with, of course, one of the little chrome covers that go over the clamp which holds the header pipe to the silencer on all our birds? I'm modifying a sport silencer to fit my standard tbird, and need another cover I can modify to suit. Two would be okay, for that matter (in case I make a mess of the first). Just thought someone out there who has gone for aftermarket pipes might have them lying around gathering dust, and want to swap them for a bit of cold hard.

Cheers!

·
Registered
796 Posts
The tabs broke off the back of one of mine last month. A replacement from my Triumph dealer was suprisingly only $18 shipped w/tax. Actually, the parts counter's first quote was like $22 but when I ordered it two weeks later, the price had dropped. Seriously! The price of an OEM Triumph replacement part went DOWN! :eek:

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tabs broke off the back of one of mine last month. A replacement from my Triumph dealer was suprisingly only $18 shipped w/tax. Actually, the parts counter's first quote was like $22 but when I ordered it two weeks later, the price had dropped. Seriously! The price of an OEM Triumph replacement part went DOWN! :eek:

Mr Bentwrench, if your one with the broken tabs has excellent chrome on the outside (no scratches or scrapes), then it's exactly what I'm looking for, as I have to relocate the tabs anyway. Can we work something out?

Cheers

BTW, here it would cost me more like $80 for a replacement!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, bugger. I had one tang go on mine, and had it welded back on.
Better news, though: World of Triumph can supply me it for nigh on $50, which'll have to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts