Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'day folks,

Back y/day from our Europe honeymoon, 14 days on the ground. 2 days in London, 5 days in Paris and 7 days driving from Menton ( near Nice - France, the Med' coast ) to Barcelona via Monte Carlo, St Tropez and the Spanish Pyrnees Mountains. Apart from the cost ( lousy AU exchange rate ) we had a really great time.. ( so what has that got to do with bikes ?? )

Those who have been in ( or live in ) France and Spain will understand the crazyness of the bike and scooter traffic - I can see why good racers come from these countries, all the roads are great training grounds for the would be's. When you get in country the back roads are turely awesome..
:motorbike:

Would really loved to have my RED 02 there. Must have been on some of the best bike roads I have ever seen - for those from Sydney, makes the Putty and the Old road look like a beginers ride. Fast sweepers, tight bends, good camber and great condition roads makes for some perfect riding - also - didn't see any traffic cops on the country roads. Nervana for bike riders...

Saw a few 99-04 Sprints, did not see ANY + 05's ?? Literally millions of scooters and Jap/BMW road bikes..

Got back to Sydney airport, got a pick up to my office and rode my Sprint home from our warehouse.... as I said, ohhh so good to be home..

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
The Italian roads are great until you have to deal with their Carabenieri (traffic police). I am sure that they worked for the Hitler youth movement!!

Glad you had a good honeymoon Harry. Where are the pics of the night?? :D

Looks like you picked up a stutter though (double post) :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wed Pics

G'day Steve.

There are a load of wedding pics on facebook if you search Harry Asher. ( put there by guests, family, etc )

Pics of the nite will save for my old age :D and wont be published, unless you want to trade your bike for them :D:D:D

I'm still a novice on that site but wil try to post some of the trip pics there.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
unless you want to trade your bike for them .
tempting, but no thanks.. :) the thought of seeing "your" bits is just too frightening TBH

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I never had any problems abroad , France, Italy, Spain have to be THE most biker friendly nations/police in the whole world........and yes, the roads are awesome...........but i'm hoping the West coast canyon roads come close, if I eventually get there next year!!!

I have a couple of crazy stories involving the famous Italian Carabinieri, me, my GPZ900R, and a tiny mountain town cut off by landslides........

BUT , I can better that with my '92 trip to the B'ol D'or, south of France, involving, me, my girlfriend, "Inspector Clousea", armed French Gendarmes, my GPZ900R and the Autoroute toll booths.........

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
'92 trip to the B'ol D'or, south of France, involving, me, my girlfriend, "Inspector Clousea", armed French Gendarmes, my GPZ900R and the Autoroute toll booths.........
HA HA... We should get together for a bevvy or two! I did the Bol D'or ride in '94 or '95 (the memory isn't what it used to be) aboard a GSX600F. Those crazy Germans!

Good to have you & Mae back Harry! (I'm assuming Mae came back with you..???)

As for your bits - what Russ and Steve said!

I'm young and impressionable you know.

Brett.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts