Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can source the harness connectors that are fitted to the indicators on a 2001 Thunderbird?

I want to install some temporary and inexpensive indicators to the bike for a competitive event and so avoid damaging the originals, but all the proprietary indicators I've seen will not plug straight into the Thunderbird's harness. If I can get hold of the same type of connector, it'll save me cutting the connectors off my original indicators.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Zoroaster,
Not sure if this will help you, but I had a similar problem with my tiger, but I got round it by taking the indicator apart undoing the wires then transfering them onto the new units.
The same procedure might be possible with yours, just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
If you disassemble the indicator, you may find that the connector inside the housing is very similar from one manufacturer to another. I had Ducati indicators on my bike for a while since they are almost exactly the same as the Triumph part. The only difference was the connector on the bike side. Inside the housing, both used the same spade lug connectors, so I just swapped out the wiring. It worked fine. I have not had a Lockhart Phillips type light apart yet, but that will probably happen this weekend. I am hoping to find a similar situation. If not, I will probably make leads from and put a spade lug on them that will connect to the stock wiring inside the housing. That way, the wire to the bike remains as stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,
Many thanks for the suggestions. I contacted the Triumph factory, but the guy I spoke to could not help because Triumph buy the indicators in as an assembly, therefore, they do not know what the part numbers for component parts would be.

I think I will try, as suggested, to transfer the wiring from the Triumph indicators to the proprietary indicators. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts