Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
There has been a lot of speculation in the media about this, including the seemingly absurd theory that it might be linked to Hells Angel gangs who resent the use of their logos by non-gang members (a complaint calling for an IP lawyer rather than a hitman, I should have thought).

However, the fact that only two shots were fired, one of which was a clean shot to the head, and this when both the target and the shooter were in/on vehicles moving at speed, does seem to suggest a 'professional hit'.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hey Biker, Eat THIS (ouch)

I saw Easy Rider when I was a teenager and it made me never want to go to the southern states. Hey, I love that area, I'm just not going on a Captain America chopper, that's all.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I remember a few similar incidents in Sydney some years ago.
The victims were always portrayed by the media as 'nice blokes' and 'law abiding'.
When I spoke to a few copper mates about the cases, there was always more to the story than what came out.
There was usually some sort of 'deal' that went wrong.

The report says that the victim was not know to the police.
That just means that he had not yet been caught for anything.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
People never like to speak ill of the dead. It does seem strange. It would be very suprising if it is actually just a random act of cruelty.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Its being reported that the guy was a Hells Angel. A Canadian citizen living in the UK or 10 years. He was a mechanic at Warrs Harley dealership in London. The shooting happened on Sunday afternoon, he was riding with two others. The car followed them from the A46 to the M40 motorway. He'd been at the Bulldog bash, a Hells Angels organised biker rally reportedly the biggest in Europe. The Bulldog is held every year at long Marston Drag strip. And its a blardy good party. Bikers of all kinds go, this year there were reportedly 29000 plus me!

The police are not treating it as a random shooting or a "I hate bikers" road rage incident,they are treating it as a proffessional hit related to Biker gangs. In 2004 I think it was, another group were fired at following the Bulldog Bash. That time one guy was hit in the leg.

Suffice to say theres more to this than meets the eye.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Its been several years now but a teenager riding his bicycle on East Mississippi River Drive in St. Paul was shot in the back by 2 other kids 19 and 20 y/o (in a vehicle) . When they did get caught - no one saw them, they were bragging about it at a party - they essentially told the police they were practicing to be bad guys. Great motive. This occured 2 days before a major road race I was in town to do. The outrage I felt at the time and now feels personal for some reason, I never knew the kid (his first name was Anthony). I still can't go by that area without stopping at his memorial. Random acts of cruelty do happen.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
No doubt about that decobike. Some people are just sick ****s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts