Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things you hear about but don't see often.

Those of us old enough to have seen these things can remember when they were common sights but younger riders might think the old-timers are telling tales so post it here if you can.

1013021221.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Unicorns

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Putting a bit of Castrol R in your two stroke to get that nice smell. Bottles of two stroke oil in your side case so you can get gas by the gallon and measure out the oil correctly so your bike didn't smoke too much.

Three channels on TV and maybe PBS if you were lucky. With the channels signing off late at night.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

:D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hey, I think I have that exact phone in my house now!

I rarely use it, but given that our power is pretty dodgy here in the delta I went out of my way to buy a phone that I knew would work without being 'plugged in'.

As a bonus, it serves as a home defense weapon. Seriously - you ever get whacked in the head with one of those handsets? Things are make like a brick!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I have told my early 20's nieces about clackers (knockers) and they just look at me like I did too many drugs in the 80's listening to hair bands.

I used to have a red, blue and purple set. When you messed up, it is like a hammer whacking your hand. Good fun for kids. Keeps them out of gangs :D

http://www.squidoo.com/clackers-klackers-klick-klacks

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Parts for a Ducati single.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

I wonder if union members even get a copy of the "agreement" these days. I'm not sure the bigger unions even sign contracts, more like they and the company just call a truce. ;)

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Nothing down at Barber for you Lefty...err, Righty?
No. Lots of things I wanted to bring home but it's hard to fit a bike in the overhead storage bins.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I have told my early 20's nieces about clackers (knockers) and they just look at me like I did too many drugs in the 80's listening to hair bands.
Forgot all about those... yea, we called 'em 'Knockers'. We played with those crazy things till our arms were black and blue.

Then the urban myth was if the cops saw you playing with 'em they'd stop and confiscate 'em, coz they were so dangerous.

Remember this iconic toy? It was from a time when kids could actually entertain themselves.

H

·
0 Posts
No. Lots of things I wanted to bring home but it's hard to fit a bike in the overhead storage bins.
US Mail, Fed EX, DHL, folks driving near by who wouldn't mind helping you.

All the excuses you use as to why you don't have the basket case fixed are hogwash. You just don't want the bike done till you are retired and need big bucks.

Well as a youngster, those parts will become even more scarce as you age. You should just give me the basket case and I will take care of it for you.:cool:

H

·
0 Posts
Hop Scotch
Jacks
Kick the can
Can on a string telephone
Hula hoops
Jump rope
Cloths pins with cards on the tires to create the put put sound of HD
Hide and seek
Red Rover come over
Stick Ball

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I'm talking about other basket cases. Do you think I can say a clapped-out BSA Thunderbolt is a personal item?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:Need pics:

·
Registered
10,705 Posts
45 rpm single records.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts