Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for suggestion about hard side boxes . Tried searching SHAD , H&B and Viking . Any suggestions on which ones would be the best . Another issues I have is shipping to India . Viking does not ship . Checking out other ones .

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
LOVE my Vikings.......cannot imagine better bags - hard, leather, locks, well-made.

You just need an additional mounting bracket to lower them and move them to the rear at least 3" each way...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Viking Bags all the way.... saddlebagdepot has a good quick detach bracket if you want to take them off for service or a regular trip. Go onto the mods thread and look at some of the pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Detachable mounts cost almost as much as the bags!

Viking Bags all the way.... saddlebagdepot has a good quick detach bracket if you want to take them off for service or a regular trip. Go onto the mods thread and look at some of the pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I chatted with Viking rep today, and he could not recommend any bags for 2018 Speedmaster. He claimed that the ones for 2003-2016 would not fit the 2018.
I figure he is wrong based on what I read here.
I'm looking at #10249 rather than #11123 but still...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I really like the way the brackets look when the bags are off. I hardly notice them. Brackets are available in black or chrome (mine).
Bags have locks themselves. In addition, the bracket locks the bags to the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@BC_Rob, did you get brackets from Craven that you did not use? I get that the E-Z brackets look great but I wonder how it would have worked with the stock brackets. What was the concern with the stock brackets?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Correct, didn’t use the Craven brackets. I gave them to a friend so that he had spare Craven parts. I wanted clean looking brackets when the bags were off. IMO, the EZ Brackets do this best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK so Craven brackets do not have the clean look when the bags are off.
I couldn't find a photo of the stock brackets but have asked Craven for one.

Thanks, and again, your bike looks fantastic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Correct, didn’t use the Craven brackets. I gave them to a friend so that he had spare Craven parts. I wanted clean looking brackets when the bags were off. IMO, the EZ Brackets do this best.
Was there some room for adjustment further towards the rear of the bike? I.e., were holes in the panniers pre-drilled or could you decide where to put them?
I notice you have no passenger seat and pegs. I'd like to be sure that my occasional passenger can sit without her legs interfering with the panniers.
Just about ready to order from Craven

·
Registered
115 Posts
Order away. I drilled the holes so there is room to move backwards if desired.
I used EZ Brackets and would recommend them. Expensive but excellent quality. I have taken a passenger... all good there.
Rob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts