Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have an '05 T100 and would like to fit some hard panniers. Preferably, I would like a vintage/retro style of pannier to complement the period feel of the bike. Does anyone know of any that are available at the moment and if they are any good?

Also I would like to enquire as to weather anyone may have fitted older, period panniers to the new bonnie. If so, how did it go?

Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wickerman. Over in the Twins Technical Talk there was
a post about bags and such. Maybe you can go over there and look around.
Try a search and see if you can find what you are looking for.
Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
T100 with hard bags

Go to the Classified section of this site and look under Triumph motorcycles for sale.
You'll see my '08 T100 with Leather Lyke hard bags.
They are locking, waterproof, and come off in a jiffy, leaving little on the bike.
They run $459.95 a set with all mounting hardware.
They DO require that you already have the Triumph "dresser rail" (part that the back rest attaches to) installed, so that does raise the total cost a bit.
If the installation takes you more than 20 minutes, you might want
to consider something other than mechanics as a career choice! :)
Bob

Hello.

I have an '05 T100 and would like to fit some hard panniers. Preferably, I would like a vintage/retro style of pannier to complement the period feel of the bike. Does anyone know of any that are available at the moment and if they are any good?

Also I would like to enquire as to weather anyone may have fitted older, period panniers to the new bonnie. If so, how did it go?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum Wickerman. Over in the Twins Technical Talk there was
a post about bags and such. Maybe you can go over there and look around.
Try a search and see if you can find what you are looking for.
Jeff
Thanks for the suggestion. It's been pretty helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to the Classified section of this site and look under Triumph motorcycles for sale.
You'll see my '08 T100 with Leather Lyke hard bags.
They are locking, waterproof, and come off in a jiffy, leaving little on the bike.
They run $459.95 a set with all mounting hardware.
They DO require that you already have the Triumph "dresser rail" (part that the back rest attaches to) installed, so that does raise the total cost a bit.
If the installation takes you more than 20 minutes, you might want
to consider something other than mechanics as a career choice! :)
Bob
Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I got them from Ebay. There is an online store that sells all different types. Ruger also has a set with the lights in them from the same place. Can't remember the name of the store.

I bought the MCResources luggage rack from New Bonneville and made adapters to fit the bags to the racks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Craven Comet panniers

Hi WickerMan - see photos of my T100 with refurbished Craven Comet Panniers - a lucky (and cheap) buy from E-bay. Fitted using an old Eurodesign rack and home made brackets. No changes required to llights or indicators - a lot of refurbishment work but I am pleased with the outcome - now ready for summer touring :) cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
T100 Hard Caes

Hello.

Thanks.
I had made a set of frames that allowed the fitment of BMW R1200C cases. These fit with the stock indicators in place and can easily be removed. I can email you photos via [email protected]

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Calliway - those are very fine looking panniers that look as if they were specced up to match that fine looking bike. Can you remember any more info at all as to the product name, ebay store etc. They remind me of the Rodark panniers I had on my 59 6t - from the rear it looked like three mudguards in a row - nothing has come near that design excellence since.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Calliway - those are very fine looking panniers that look as if they were specced up to match that fine looking bike. Can you remember any more info at all as to the product name, ebay store etc. They remind me of the Rodark panniers I had on my 59 6t - from the rear it looked like three mudguards in a row - nothing has come near that design excellence since.
I believe this may be it:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/RIDE-HARD-SADDLEBAGS__W0QQ_armrsZ1

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
That is not the store but they have exactly the same bags that I bought. Mine are that page. Just top loading slant bags that I pinstriped to match my bike.

I also bought a MCResources rack from New Bonneville and made two adapter plates to mate the bags to the brackets.

The whole point was to make them look completely OE and fit the time period of the bike and from many of the comments it looks like I achieved that.

Cheers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts