Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got home last night, late (ish) to find, not one, but two biggish boxes with the following inside.

Bike is booked in on Saturday morning for first service and for assistance to fit the exhaust. The pegs are supposed to be for the 'rider' but I have my doubts - anyway, we'll see.

The rear hugger will hopefully make a difference to the amount of muck and filth coming off the road onto the rear sprint, and underseat area etc.

Thanks to all for their ongoing support, advice and comments;)

photobucket is still a pain

Happy as Larry!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fifteenth time lucky?

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Ratboy, You must have been really good. All I get is a lump of coal in a sock:D.

Post pics. The pegs are intresting.

Don

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!:D

You should see what I have to buy my wife by way of clothes, etc for 'Santa' to be allowed to leave parcels at the door:eek:

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Wow very nice Ratboy.

I hope you put in a good word for me.......................maybe there will be a nice yellow Daytona 955 2006 in my stocking?:nah:

Let us see some more photos when all your new bits are fitted.

BTW your photoshop skills seem fine to me:)

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Wow! Santa must like London lads :)

<--- Wonders if he also likes displaced London Lads.... (and knows he must, I did get my nice new bike after all :) ).

Very nice goodies indeed... Please do give us updates / pics once you have installed them.

One of the themes of this forum I enjoy the most is vicariously sharing the experiences and additions / tweaks tried by others and seeing how they pan out. :cool:

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
I hope your Santa comes to visit me!!

Don, we were lucky if we got a rock in a sock. That was only when we'd been really good!! :)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! Santa must like London lads :)

<--- Wonders if he also likes displaced London Lads.... (and knows he must, I did get my nice new bike after all :) ).

Very nice goodies indeed... Please do give us updates / pics once you have installed them.

One of the themes of this forum I enjoy the most is vicariously sharing the experiences and additions / tweaks tried by others and seeing how they pan out. :cool:
:D

Will post some more pics (Photobucket deep joy that'll be...) tomorrow afternoon.

You're right though, it is good learning what others to and be able to compare, discuss, learn from, admire, or just see.

All good.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ta da!

Thanks to OnD, today's trip to the dealer (which lasted three hours!) eventually meant that I cam home like this:

Only problem was that this bit 'fell' out prior to fitting:

when asked by the mechanic what I wanted to do about, I said ' nothing, I know where it is if I need it again'....

Anyway, didn't manage to fit the foot pegs, as I was already running way later than intended.

Had to get back to these two (and my wife of course!):

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks BMWK100 - the only thing is my seven month old is a son, not a daughter - but I won't tell him:D

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oops! My bad! I owe you a cocktail at the next RAT rally. LOL
BMWK100 - You're on!

I am bring the family to Orlando next Easter (youngsters, well you know, any excuse).

So, if you're around I'll stand you a beer!:D

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That bit is the removable legal baffle so you're running them in loud mode now - but if you like the sound as it is then just enjoy!!
Thanks Peter.

I did get that as soon as the mechanic came into ask if I wanted it removed.

I was a bit in two minds, but I think they made up my mind for me...:rolleyes:

Anyway, if it gets too loud, I can always re-fit it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
just had my tridents installed....

Thanks to OnD, today's trip to the dealer (which lasted three hours!) eventually meant that I cam home like this:

Only problem was that this bit 'fell' out prior to fitting:

when asked by the mechanic what I wanted to do about, I said ' nothing, I know where it is if I need it again'....

and they look the same as yours (right pipe lower than left pipe), really bugs me, maybe I am too picky about it. Local dealer said he struggled with them, but would try to work with them some more if I would like...am I being too picky or do others see what I am talking about?

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For SCBULLDOG

I agree with Wolf (Peter)

Mine 'appear' out of kilter, but when I helped fit them, I measured them myself, by eye and then with a ruler and they are level. Just one of life's optical challenges I think:D

Got to say (not wanting to offend anyone):D, but with the baffle removed they are VERY loud.:cool::eek:, Perhaps too loud for me. We shall see!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts