Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I am looking for a bar that is a little higher than the stock bars. I want to be a little less leaning forward as I do on the stock bars. Anyone know if someone makes a bar that is higher than the stock bars? Im looking for maybe 1/2" to 1". I saw some freestyle bars but not sure if they are higher or not.:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
higher bars

Hi,

I did two things to my '07 speedie to raise the bars. First, I installed a set of '02 Honda 919 bars. These are a little narrower and at least two inches higher/back. You can install these without new cables, etc., although the front brake line may not stay in the front fender clips anymore. I still needed more, so I made homemade bar risers out of a pair of 3/8 drive 1" sockets under the mounts for the bars, and bought 1" longer bolts from McMaster/Carr. This did require a new brake line, but everything else (clutch cable, wiring) still worked without modification.
Either one of these mods may work for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Pro-Taper CR High on my 03 Speed Triple. They are higher and straighter so your wrists dont go numb.:motorbike2:
Also can use the same cables

·
Registered
379 Posts
I did some searching and cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I am looking for a bar that is a little higher than the stock bars. I want to be a little less leaning forward as I do on the stock bars. Anyone know if someone makes a bar that is higher than the stock bars? Im looking for maybe 1/2" to 1". I saw some freestyle bars but not sure if they are higher or not.:confused:
i would go LSL fat bar with BC risers....a buddie of mine has a spacer kit on his risers from them that arent on their website and they raise his risers 3/4" i believe....call them and give em go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts