Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '06 S3 used with ABM fat bars and risers. I have found that they are a little wider and don't swing back as far as the stock bars. Are these bars causing the bike to dive in corners more than stock. What I mean by dive is when you countersteer to start the lean it wants to keep pulling you down in which ever direction you are leaning. I rode my friends FZ6 and it handles noticable easier, feels lighter (even though the bikes weigh about the same) and doesn't seem to want to dive in corners. His bars place the hands 2-3" closer together and a swing back 2-3" more. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Wider and straighter bars = more "wobbly" feel as all input is amplified. With a bit narrower bars that have more sweep things are a bit more stable.

Matter of preference which you like more.

Also tyre pressure and proper tightness of steering head bearing have quite a large effect on the handling feel on our Triples. And the suspension settings you have, of course.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts