Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting my 99 TBS into a cafe racer if it's feasible. However, by looking at it, I'm thinking that replacing the handlebar with clubman bars might end up with the handlebar hitting the gas tank. Any suggestions or pictures of your cafe style or aftermarket handlebars succesfully mated on to the TBS.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I put some nice LSL clip-ons on mine. I love the look and they feel great.

My TBS is on the left. My friend's standard setup is on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I used bars from an '06 Speed Triple (less than $20 on ebay). I ended up grinding down the little pegs inside the control pods because they didn't match up to the holes that were present on the ST bars and wrapped tape around the bars to keep the pods from rotating when I re-installed them. Worked like a charm and looks much better than the stock bars (IMHO). No clearance problems with the tank either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Roy, I'm the guy with the Red TBS from a few months ago. I see you got one... Nice

I sold mine and tried a few different bikes but I couldn't find anything that I enjoyed like the Thunderbird. So I went out and bought another Thunderbird and a Legend.

I've had the stock, straight bars, and clip ons but I haven't tried the clubmans. You might want to go with the clip ons if you're converting to cafe.

FYI, you can also fit a newer Thruxton seat and cowl if finding a solo seat and cowl is a problem. Let me know if you need help. We just did my Legend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts