Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the hi rise stock bars on my T140 and have been told that due to the clamp style ,not just any bar can be used.That rules out Ace bars.What are common choices for this bike?
I have M bars on my modern bonnie and love them;I know they are available for vintage bikes ,will they work with the slide in type clamps (P clamps?).
Any other suggestions/pictures would help .thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.They're going on the list.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Meat,

Having the same issue with my '79. I'm going for the 7/8 M bars. One other issue I ran into as I was trying to fit some superbike bars was the master cylinder butting up against the gauges. Shouldn't be a problem if you're going with the Ms. If you get some with a rise, make sure it has enough pullback so you don't run into the gauge issue.

Oh, and fit yourself a braided brake line while you're at it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2007-01-17 18:27, McQueen wrote:
Meat,

Having the same issue with my '79. I'm going for the 7/8 M bars. One other issue I ran into as I was trying to fit some superbike bars was the master cylinder butting up against the gauges. Shouldn't be a problem if you're going with the Ms. If you get some with a rise, make sure it has enough pullback so you don't run into the gauge issue.

Oh, and fit yourself a braided brake line while you're at it.
Hey McQueen(Germ)(BIR)(Presidente), I didn't know that you have a 79 too!
Good for you Jeremy! :wink:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I cut the low bars on mine to 29" and that put the master cylinder 1/4" from gauges. My bars have a 4" rise and they work well for me. I like the look of the m bars, but I'm thinking they'd be to low on a long ride. Let us know how they work for you. :???:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do! I've had them on my 05 bonnie for `12000 miles and they are comfortable all day.Wish I could say the same for clip ons. :-D

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
On 2007-01-21 20:49, Bonnie1000th wrote:
Hey McQueen(Germ)(BIR)(Presidente), I didn't know that you have a 79 too!
Good for you Jeremy! :wink:
I'm not Germ/Jeremy...but he's my riding buddy. :)

Yeah, I have a '79 Special. When I look at it--the operative word being "look" and not "ride"--I alternate bewteen hate and contempt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts