Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
handlebar, vibration My sprint ST has a buzz in the handlebars that quickly puts the my hands to sleep I got a throttle mister and rocker to help work my hands but it make ridding not very fun:mad: any idea, fixes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it work like dynomat or a mute in the bell of a trumpet to stop the vibration going through the hollow pipe

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I know people that have jammed rolls of pennies into 1" bars. The Bar Snake I guess only works with bars and not clipons I guess?
On mine I have Grip Puppies, that helps.

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I took the weighted bar ends off and put the aluminum ones that came with the hand guards I also picked up a lot of vibration. It may be a choice between hand guards or weighted ends. I also put the gen mar risers on at the same time. I was thinking of sliding a piece of flat rubber between the risers and tree and between the risers and clip ons for vibration dampener.
Just thinking out loud.

2000 Sprint St BTW

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Scruff, it's probably not vibration putting your hands to sleep.

You might be putting too much weight on your palms, or you're gripping the handles too tight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I too have had a buzzing in my handle bars for the last 7k miles with no luck on finding the issue. I have replaced tires, checked fairings and the bar ends. Bike is going to the dealer for an idle issue on Tuesday so I will bug them about it again. The next route for me is to try different bar ends.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
There is a slight buzzing in the handlebars of all sprints at times, but most of us just ride around it. Loosen your grip on the bars, hold on with your knees. You will learn to avoid certain RPM's for an extended time. It's part of the character of the sprint, so you feel the engine. If you cannot live with it, you need a Japanese hondakawazuki , with no soul..

·
Registered
57 Posts
This isn't a slight buzz. I have owned thumpers and twin before and have put over 20k miles on my bike in three years with at times over 2k in less than a week. I know to expect some buzzing but when it becomes a nuisance after 45 minutes it is not just a little bit. I have worked on my riding style and tried Gen-mar risers but that is not the issue. The issue is somewhere in the bike. I just have yet to figure out what it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts