Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install risers on my T120. How much cable play do I have if I want to keep the original cables? What is the maximum riser height I can use?
If anyone has installed some, can you please tell me what model and where I can get them?

Nicholas

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Almost none man. I've been jerking around with installing M bars and the brake cable has been a total pain. It's just enough slack!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was afraid of just looking at the cables. Ah well, it is not so bad as is.

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I know that Speigler has a T120 they are tearing down and eventually they will offer longer brake lines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I fitted a pair of Stak Riser II's on my T120, 1 1/2" up and 1 1/2 back, had plenty of cable.
Wow, you could do that with the Stock cables! :welldone I have been wondering the same for my Street Twin. Please share some Close-up Pics and the link for the Risers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked up a T120 about a month ago and have decided that risers would make the bike a bit more comfortable for me. Wondered if anybody had an update to this thread as in: Has anybody else done it? Did you have to re-route the cables and how? (Pictures would be helpful).

Had the dealer take a look and they said that I had plenty of electrical slack but not enough cable for the clutch or brake. Wondered if there was that much variation between T120 builds? Seems some have had success and other's seem to feel they don't have enough to attempt it.

I'm gonna dig into this deeper over the weekend. I don't really want to replace the cables but will do so if need be. I've contacted Barnett but they don't have cables yet for the T120 though offered to create some custom if I sent my cables to them. I'm not interested in doing so as the riding season is starting in full swing here in Florida. It'll have to wait until late Spring.

Sorry to open a thread that hasn't had activity in a few months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased a pair of the black Stak Riser II's and I am not happy with them at all. When they arrived they were in mint condition but didn't take too much handling for the black paint to come off. After installing them there were many spots on both risers where the paint had peeled. Not large chunks but enough to make them look bad. After installing them the handlebars were exactly where I wanted them. Very comfortable upright seating position. There was just enough slack in the cables for the install and the cables don't seem to be over stretched when turning. Unfortunately they are ugly. I've asked a few people what they think of them and they all agree that they just don't go with the bike. I removed them after a couple of days. I'm hoping that Triumph or someone with a better sense of aesthetics will design some risers for the T120.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fatbiker! Sorry to hear about the quality issues. :( I am going to make an assumption that you purchased from Scootworks (not sure they are sold anywhere else) and in any case did you talk to whomever you bought them from regarding the quality problem? Scootworks folk seem pretty nice over there and responsive, I imagine you could work something out?

Good news is the risers did exactly what you wanted in ergonomics, that's encouraging. Better yet, like a few members here you seem to have enough slack in the cables for it all to work fine. That's more encouraging to me. I really need to dig in now and see where I stand with this.

I've had a couple of recommendations on these:

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/...-pivoting-handlebar-risers?variant=1200948045

Keep us posted on what you end up doing moving forward. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I fitted a pair of Stak Riser II's on my T120, 1 1/2" up and 1 1/2 back, had plenty of cable.
Hey Menzies, which Stak Risers did you order....the "StakRisers for Triumph Bonneville Standard, T100 & SE"?

Do you have any photos of your current setup that you could share?

Thanks!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I dislike resurrecting old threads as much as the next person, but I was wondering if anyone had any updates on the riser options for our T120s.

The next batch of dollars that disappears from my pocket are going to be spent on risers...once I determine which ones look and work the best on our bikes.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts