Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Handlebar options for '15 STR

808 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Gzblack2 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Unless there's something about the bar that bothers you, just get risers. It's really hard to figure out which bar to get, because I've yet to find any dimensions for the stock bar. Perhaps my Google Fu is weak, but that information just doesn't seem out there...anywhere. You can't swing a dead cat around the interweb without finding about 87 bazillion options for taller risers.

You need to be careful you don't go too high, though; you could easily run out of cables and brake lines.

#4 ·
No. All my energies have been directed towards slightly lowering my bars, not raising them.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
If I were looking to raise the height of my bars,I would get washers from a hardware store and use them as shims under the stock risers. Seems like a cheap way to see what height in comfortable and find the limit in the cables.

Or you can use my father's technique of removing the risers off your sons motorcycle,and being he still lived at your house don't ask first. Just take his bike apart.?

But I'm sure I cause him alot more heart ache then he ever cause me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.