Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Such as these Oxford ones. http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&action=dept&id=133&pid=177&p=
Anybody use these?
Are they any good? Do they fit on with barend mirrors (CRG)?
I thought of heated gloves, but short battery life/tangling with wires doesn't appeal. And I don't think heated grips will fix my problem being cold fingertips.
Being in Australia (albeit a cold bit) there is not much around for us frozen ones. :rolleyes: Perhaps members from the northern hemisphere can enlighten me???

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
I'd go with the heated grips. I also thought they wouldn't fix the problem but have been pleasantly surprised to find that they do. I've only tried them down to -4c though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Saphena. My mother comes from just up the road from you in Hartley Wintney. Typical winters day here is usually between -8 and 0 celcius early in the morning zooming up to about 10-12 if it is a sunny day, so that is what I'm trying to cater for.
In regards heated grips, I might investigate the Oxford HotGrips or HotHands first and go from there.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I ride all winter-not on the Bonnie though (studded tires on ice!) Don't have heated grips, but I do have bar muffs and they are awesome.

·
30,015 Posts
I have an old pair of the Oxford ones. Cheap, and they are brilliant. You can actually ride down to ridiculously low temperatures by combining handlebar muffas and heated gloves. You have to figure out all the rest of your body as well though of course.

EDIT: the oxford ones won't work with bar end mirrors, unless you modify the muffs.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Since the current outside temp here at Easy Acres is 103F (NOT a typo), I'm finding it hard to get excited about gripmuffs. Good info though and I'll probably get some for use in about six months. THANKS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts